Monday 23 June 2014

Royal Enfield




Finally I purchased a Royal Enfield, why finally - cause its been at the back of my mind for pretty some time to have the beast.

I had opportunities earlier to own one, but then it really did not espouse my beliefs of how a bike should be.
Even now I had lot of apprehensions on what should i own.

I have a Honda Shine, I really do not have much to complain regarding the bike, but for the fact that they say that the engine life is only 60,000km & then they went on to say its only 40,000km.

I really still believe that the engine life of the Honda Shine is pretty low, cause i know the troubles i have taken to care for the bike. Every 2000 km on the dot i used to drive into one of the many Shell petrol bunks that dot Bangalore & get the engine oil replaced. Hence after so much of periodic care, i was shocked when the engine packed at 65,000km.

Then i heard one of my colleagues who said, buying a Royal Enfield is a life long investment. I have seen a few close friends of mine with the bike behave like they have something worthy of respect.
So i booked for one in the month of October 2013, the staff at the dealership said it would take at least 6 months. 

I was looking for a red colored model. True to their word, 6 months hence the dealer got in touch with me with the info that they had a black model & if i was keen. I had my patience on a wire, & the Honda Shine had engine problems during that period, so i said fine i will take it
.
Finally on 19th April a Saturday i visited the dealer & picked up the bike. They said that the insurance was done but they did not have it papers. So i collected the bike went to office & then home later on in the evening. 

The dealer was keen on selling me a exhaust system which would produce more thump. The sales personnel was a lady, she was like, what is a Bullet if it does not sound like one. I thought maybe i got to take a video of her's & send it to the manufacturer with the comment this is what your dealer has to say.

Well i tell her am happy as long as she runs well, I have been getting lots of negative feedback's regarding the reliability of the bike. 

The model i purchased has only a single horn & that is really unfair on the manufacturer. I purchased this model just because the Sales Executive said that it has 19" rear tires & is suitable for taller folks.

And me thinking about the ground clearance too, went for it.

Will keep you guys updated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment